Forever Paws Animals Shelter
300 Lynwood St, Fall River, MA 02721
"Giving animals a new leash on life."
***We are open by appointment only at this time for preapproved applicants. If we are not fully booked we will accept walk ins and clients who are not preapproved***
Why should you adopt?
Animal adoption saves lives! When you adopt, you save a loving animal by making them part of your family and open up shelter space for another animal who might desperately need it. Shelters and rescue groups are brimming with happy, healthy pets just waiting for someone to take them home. Adopt a dog or cat and get a friend for life.
*** At this time we are only accepting Wishlist applications for our Puppy and Kitten Wishlist. We have many adult dogs and cats available for adoption, you can apply for a specific adult animal in the shelter. When this changes we will let you know***
***As of February 1, 2023, we have had to implement a slight change in pricing. Due to our costs rising we have had to increase some of our prices. We have also added some special pricing and discounts. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, however, in order to keep the shelter going this was a necessary change.
Thank You for your understanding and continued support! ***
Cats & Kittens
Cat 11 months and older- $240
Kittens 10 months and younger- $285
Pair of adult cats-$450
Pair of kittens 10 months and under-$540
Senior Cats (10yrs+)- $150
Includes: Spay/Neuter, rabies vaccine, distemper vaccine, leukemia test on adult cats, flea treatment, nail trim, ear cleaning, and microchip with registration.
Dogs & Puppies
Dogs 11 months and older- $375
Puppies 10 months and younger- $495
Senior Dogs (10 yrs+) - Will be reduced dependent on dog's medical history and prognosis.
Includes: Spay/Neuter, rabies vaccine, distemper vaccine, heartworm test on adult dogs, flea treatment, nail trim, ear cleaning and microchip with registration.
*Transport Fee- $125
Due to the cost of transporting animals in from other states, if you choose to adopt a dog from out of state there will be a transport fee to help cover the cost.
Ferrets- $100 (single) $150 per pair
Small Birds- $25
Parrots/Exotics-$100 and up depending on what supplies the animal is going home with.
Reptiles- Species Dependent
Guinea Pig-$30/Each or $50 for a pair
Rats, Mice, & Hamsters-$20ea.
Military Discount- 10%
Cash or charge only. No Checks.
* Please be advised-if using a debit or credit card there will be an additional charge of $5.00 per every $100.00 charged. This is to cover what we are charged from the credit card companies.
Forever Paws spays or neuters all cat and dogs for adoption. Small animals may or may not be altered. In the event that a cat or dog is unable to be altered prior to adoption, for medical or other reasons, the animal will be then considered a "Foster to Adopt" until the animal is ready to be altered. Once altered, the adoption will be finalized. While in "Foster to Adopt" status, the animal is still legally owned by Forever Paws Animal Shelter.
• All potential adopters must fill out an Adoption Application.
• All applications will be checked completely. Homeownership, landlord, veterinary references etc. will be checked during the process.
• Animal are NOT adopted on a "first come, first served" basis.
• Animals will be matched with the best adopter for their individual needs.
• All adopters will be required to sign an Adoption Contract before bringing a new pet home.
• Before consideration for adoption, all animals are evaluated by staff for obvious signs of health and/or behavior problems; however, the shelter cannot guarantee the health or temperament of any animal.
Forever Paws has contracts with local towns and animal control officials to accept their stray and homeless animals. Due to our limited space we cannot accept an unlimited number of animals from the general public. Please call to inquire about our availability, surrender wait list or scheduling an appointment.